PPL Corporation Material Planner in Allentown, Pennsylvania
• Duties include reviewing, revising, and approving material requests that flow from PPL’s work management process. Ensures that MRs comply with the various supply chain strategies for the material demand they represent.
• Identifies and resolves material holds and bottlenecks to ensure that work management schedules are not impacted. Recommends alternative materials and strategies for meeting the MR need dates.
• Optimizes the flow of materials from PPL’s central distribution center, the Systems Facility Center (SFC) and the local service centers across PPL service territory.
• Recommends the levels and location of inventory to ensure the optimal supply chain for meeting the needs of PPL field forces.
• Communicates and coordinates material demand and material sources between the regional logistics services employees and the material buyers.
• Identifies and develops plans for forecasting material demand and season usage.
• Coordinates material delivery with the Logistics Services organization when necessary.
This position coordinates and expedites the material requirements needed to support PPL’s electrical operations. It is responsible for monitoring the efficiency and effectiveness of the material requirements process and for developing business process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of supplying materials to PPL’s field forces. The Material Planner directs the demand for materials by evaluating materials requests (MRs) and determining the optimal tactical supply chain for ensuring the right material is delivered to the right location according to the work management schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or related fields.
0-2 years of experience in materials requirements planning, procurement, manufacturing, scheduling and/or related disciplines.
Experience using ERP, procurement, or work management systems.
Demonstrated analytical skills.
Experience with using EXCEL, including the ability to create v-lookups and pivot tables.
Strong verbal and written communications skills
Ability to travel throughout the PPL service territory.
Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
Demonstrated time management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
- APICS Certification
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPLCorporation (https://twitter.com/PPLCorporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)