PPL Corporation Construction Lead in Allentown, Pennsylvania
1) Research, analyze, and understand the scope of work for transmission line and substation projects and develop a preliminary constructability assessment and execution strategy for inclusion into conceptual design.
2) Develop a preliminary CWOS and identify any potential outage restrictions that may affect execution.
3) Identify potential risks to execution and develop a mitigation plan to reduce or eliminate the risks.
4) Work with other PPL EU functional groups such as Siting / Permitting, Right of Way, Environmental and Transmission and Distribution Operations to identify and incorporate requirements in the project.
5) Participate in field walk downs, design reviews and site access / environmental reviews.
6) Provides regular project status reports to the Manager and Project Manager of Development.
7) Sets priorities to ensure task completion and coordinates work activities with other team members to ensure delivery dates are met.
The Construction Lead is directly responsible for ensuring that all construction requirements and intelligence are integrated into the conceptual design throughout the development phase of a project. He / she will be responsible for performing the initial constructability review which will include the creation of the preliminary construction work outage sequence (CWOS) and site risk identification and mitigation. Must be a team player capable of working with management, project managers, engineering, project controls and contractors. Must be capable of coordinating and influencing a wide range of functional organizational leads and subject matter experts through the development phase to accomplish the goals and objectives of the organization. Must be goal oriented, action-focused, pragmatic and self-disciplined.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
1) Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years relevant work experience or a Master’s Degree with 2 years of relevant work experience or 8 years of specific related experience.
2) Experience with outage planning, construction planning and electric utilities equipment and processes.
3) Organizational skills, communication and people skills required. The ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
1) Project Management or Certified Construction Management Certificate as recognized by such organizations as the Project Management Institute or CMAA.
2) Strong written, oral, presentation and organizational skills.
3) Demonstrated initiative and leadership Skills.
4) Working knowledge of critical-path-method scheduling tools and project budgets.
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPLCorporation (https://twitter.com/PPLCorporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)